The largest aquarium in Italy, just a short walk away
Thanks to its enviable location, the Grand Hotel Savoia is the ideal place to stay in Genoa for lovers of nature and marine fauna. Just a short walk from the hotel in the Porto Antico (old port) of Genoa, in the Darsena (docks) area, at Ponte Spinola, you can visit Genoa's famous Aquarium, the largest aquarium in Italy and the second largest in Europe.
Whether visiting it with your family or as a couple, the experience offered by the Genoa Aquarium is an adventure not to be missed by anyone. Dolphins, sharks, seals, manatees and turtles are only some of the hundreds of marine species that this spectacular aquarium offers to its visitors, plus the incredible “touch tanks” where visitors can actually dip their hands into the water and directly touch the fish, and reproductions of exotic marine environments such as the coral reef of an atoll.
If you want to discover these unusual and hidden beauties of marine fauna it is essential to stay in a hotel in Genoa close to the Aquarium. The Grand Hotel Savoia is just what you need: a convenient starting point located in a strategic area.
Situated in the heart of the seafront, this hotel in the centre of Genoa offers 5-star accommodation, a handy base for visiting the city.
Moreover, you can buy the Acquarium tickets directly at the hotel without long queues.
An intensely enjoyable hotel experience will be the starting point for your trip to admire Nature's wonders on show at the Aquarium. Facilities offered to guests include:
- A panoramic terrace located on the seventh floor of the hotel that gives guests a magnificent view of the Gulf of Genoa.
- The Winter Garden, practical but full of atmosphere because it opens directly onto the terrace, is the ideal place for coffee-breaks and the breathtaking Settimocielo Aperitif
- A convenient “Spiaggia Segreta” Spa, where you can enjoy intense moments of relaxation allowing yourself to be pampered.
- a garage on the premises with parking space for 50 cars
- The Pirates' Garden, a real galleon, a well and an old tavern form the setting for a place much appreciated not only by children but by adults too!
- The restful Bar Royale where you can drop in for an aperitif or a coffee
- The Ristorante Novecento, the elegant and stylish restaurant at the Grand Hotel Savoia that is also open to outside clients with high level gourmet events and celebrities.
Make your stay at the Grand Hotel Savoia in Genoa unique, as a convenient springboard for all lovers of the underwater world.